You are searching about 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy, today we will share with you article about 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy is useful to you.
Size of Your Belly During Pregnancy
Sometimes, for pregnant women, it seems that the belly is growing before the eyes or, on the contrary, it is almost not noticeable. Let’s read the comments of experts on this question.
– What factors depend on the size of the belly during pregnancy?
– The height of the abdomen, that is, the height of the uterus, usually corresponds to the period of pregnancy. For example, at the 32nd week of pregnancy, it should be 32-33 cm. The size of the abdomen depends on the characteristics of the woman. Sometimes the anatomical structure affects: miniature women with a thin pelvis are larger than tall women with full bellies. But often, the growth of the belly is associated with the general weight gain of a pregnant woman. This is a factor that a woman should always pay attention to.
– What weight gain is considered normal?
– Every woman has her own individual norm. It depends on the body mass index, which can be calculated according to a special formula. Divide the weight in kilograms by the height in square meters. A normal index is from 19.8 to 25.9. If you are expecting twins, add at least 2.3-4.6 kg to these numbers.
Most women gain 40% of their weight in the first half of pregnancy and 60% in the second half. If a woman has a normal weight before pregnancy, then in the first period she can lose 1.5-2 kg, in the second – 0.5 kg per week, and for the whole 9 months – no more than 0.5-1. kg. The weight should be increased evenly and gradually. The normal development of the child depends on it.
– What is the danger of excess weight?
– If a woman is overweight, both she and the fetus may have problems. Excess weight gain is one of the symptoms of late toxicosis, an unhealthy condition of a pregnant woman. Late toxicosis can lead to the development of the risk of abortion. In such conditions, a woman begins to feel pain in the lower back and abdomen. In extreme cases, premature birth or premature exfoliation of the placenta may occur.
In addition, excess weight makes it difficult for muscles to work. It also causes swelling in the legs, front abdominal wall, and hands. The muscles of the back and calves begin to ache, the blood circulation in the veins of the legs is disturbed, and the disease of varicose veins increases. A pregnant woman is often tired and strong, nervous. As for the fetus, late toxicosis can lead to chronic anoxemia and even death before birth. Very full women are at high risk of such complications.
– What can be the reason for very rapid weight gain during pregnancy?
– Sometimes people who like to eat properly get fat quickly. However, moderation in nutrition still does not guarantee a normal weight. Some women can accumulate too much fluid in their bodies – for example, if the kidneys do not work well enough. So, if a pregnant woman gains weight very quickly, she should check the amount of fluid she drinks and her development day and night. A healthy woman develops more fluid than she drinks. And the accumulation of fluid in the body leads to excess weight. Then not only external organs, but also internal organs swell. Swelling of the placenta is especially dangerous: they disrupt the normal development of the fetus.
– How can a pregnant woman get rid of tumors?
– When he goes to the maternity ward, he should pay close attention to the dietary recommendations given by the doctor. As a rule, doctors advise all pregnant women to limit the consumption of salt, spicy, fried and fatty products. The fact is that these products contribute to the accumulation of fluid in the body and cause swelling. It is recommended to organize fasting days once every 10 days. Of course, this does not mean that a pregnant woman should not eat. Starvation is absolutely contraindicated for the expectant mother. During fasting days, a pregnant woman should limit herself to certain products, for example, apples, cottage cheese, kefir, meat in strictly defined quantities. In addition, he should observe bed rest – this will improve the removal of fluid from the body. Diuretic herbs also help a lot. However, he should not suddenly limit the amount of fluid he drinks. He should drink at least 1.2-1.5 liters day and night.
– It seems that the fight against tumors is very simple?
– Unfortunately, not always. Weight largely depends on kidney function. So, for example, if a woman has chronic urolithiasis, chronic pyelonephritis, weight is quickly gained. Sometimes pyelonephritis appears already during pregnancy. As the hormonal background changes during this period. The body begins to produce more hormones, which helps the urethra to expand. And various infections come to the kidneys through these open doors. Therefore, all pregnant women should undergo a bacteriological examination of vaginal discharge, constantly monitor urine analysis.
– What if the fetus of a pregnant woman is very large and this explains her excess weight?
– Sometimes it happens. But this may indicate another problem. Often, women with diabetes have a large fetus. If the woman herself was born large, she should check the amount of sugar in the blood and urine, because diabetes can continue in a hidden form. Sometimes diabetes appears already during pregnancy. Again, due to changes in the hormonal background. Such pregnant women are in the risk group – even if elevated sugar levels are shown in one of several tests. By the way, excess weight during pregnancy often forces obstetricians to use caesarean section.
– Under what conditions is sudden weight gain particularly undesirable?
– Excess weight gain is dangerous in the second half of pregnancy, more precisely, from the 20th week. And the faster such complications occur, the more difficult it is to imprison a woman.
Therefore, we recommend that women pay attention to their weight, take blood pressure in both arms and conduct a urinalysis. If a woman has late toxicosis, as a rule, blood pressure increases and albumin appears in the urine. If all 3 symptoms are found – edema, increased blood pressure and albumin in the urine – the woman is urgently hospitalized.
– Perhaps my question will surprise you. Is it possible to somehow “adjust” the size of the fetus?
– I think so. For this, a balanced diet containing products rich in animal and vegetable proteins, vitamins, and minerals is necessary. A woman must take vitamin preparations. Of course, these are the facts of copying, but a woman does not always follow these rules for one reason or another.
– Apparently, the size of the abdomen also depends on the amount of amniotic fluid? Does the fluid women drink affect them?
– No. The reasons for the abundance of amniotic fluid are completely different: diabetes, abnormalities in the development of the fetus, rhesus-conflict, infectious complications. If a woman has low amniotic fluid, this often means that she will give birth to a premature baby.
– Is a very small belly better than a big one?
– No, I wouldn’t say so. Inadequate birth weight often leads to fetal malformations, very small babies, premature births, and sometimes neonatal death. Pregnant women should strive for the “golden mean”.
By the way, American scientists noticed that women with an optimistic outlook on life give birth to low birth weight babies. Experts explain that optimistic women take better care of their health: exercise regularly and eat well.
– Is there a direct relationship between the emotional state of a pregnant woman and excess weight?
– Maybe there is. You know, in a state of stress, some women start eating any food in sight and emptying the refrigerator. This is where excess weight goes. And, on the contrary, other women cannot eat at all in a stressful situation. Therefore, it is very important for close people and the future mother herself to take care of her stable, calm emotional mood.
Approximate distribution of weight gained during pregnancy
The baby is 3.5 kg
Placenta 0.675 kg
Amniotic fluid 0.8 kg
The increase of the uterus is 0.9 kg
Chest 0.45 kg
The volume of maternal blood is 1.5 kg
Intracellular fluid of the mother is 1.4 kg
Fatty cellulose of the mother is 3.25 kg
TOTAL WEIGHT 11.9 kg
Video about 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy
You can see more content about 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy
If you have any questions about 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy
5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy
way 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy
tutorial 5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy
5 Tips And Tricks To Ensure Food Safety During Pregnancy free
#Size #Belly #Pregnancy